Bangkok, 6 March 2018: - The city of angels recently witnessed a gathering of 20 Executive Chefs from Thailand’s leading five-star hotels and Thai Airways International, who created and successfully staged a 10-course grand, gastronomic feast at the 9th edition of the “2018 Bangkok Chefs Charity Gala Dinner”, graciously presided over by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in the Royal Ballroom, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. This year’s fundraising session, conducted by celebrity emcees Surivipa Kultangwatana and Varin Sachdev with active encouragement from Nuntiya Intralib, Managing Director of Gourmet One, organizer of the charity gala, raised a grand total of Baht 31 million, the highest The Bangkok Chefs Charity ever championed since its inception in 2009. This year’s funds were contributed by 18 of Bangkok’s prominent philanthropist families amongst the distinguished guests in attendance.
The highest pledge was by one of the most influential businessmen in Thailand, Mr. Prayudh and Suvimol Mahagitsiri who surpassed others with a generous donation of Baht 11.8 million. As a top donor the couple will enjoy a gourmet meal by 20 chefs at the venue of their choice.
All proceeds without deductions for expenses will once again go towards Border Patrol Police Schools under the Patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn as well as underprivileged children in the remote areas in Northern Thailand.
The much awaited highpoint of the evening was, as in previous years, a demonstration by Her Royal Highness who prepared Som Tam in a special “krok” with Patcharin Hame-ung-gull and Nuntiya Intralib attentively lending a helping hand close by resulting in generous servings of the Royal-crafted delicacy which Her Royal Highness graciously presented to the event’s 18 donors:
1. Prayudh & Suvimol Mahagitsiri: Baht 11.8 million
2. Anan Ravisaengsoon & Porntip Thiranupan: Baht 10 million
3. Ch-Karnchang Public Co., Ltd.: Baht 3 million
4. Johnny Kang: Baht 2 million
5. Botan Hame-ung-gull: Baht 1 million
6. Siripong Rungrojkitiyos: Baht 1 million
7. Suthi Thammanunkul: Baht 600,000
8. Rungthip-Anek Songprai: Baht 300,000
9. Saowanee Apiwandhopas: Baht 200,000
10. Natchamai Thanombooncharoen: Baht 200,000
11. Srisopha Khodkhamlue: Baht 200,000
12. Nuchanart Raveesaengsoon: Baht 100,000
13. Guilan Zhang: Baht 100,000
14. Suphot Thooppae: Baht 100,000
15. Siriporn Chaiyasut: Baht 100,000
16. Sasiprapha Deerod: Baht 100,000
17. Vichai Vejakitvanich: Baht 100,000
18. Sirikul Thanasarnsilp: Baht 100,000
….respectively before the night came to a happy end amidst thundering applause.
The annual talk-of-the-town, gastronomic fete was initiated in 2009 by Managing Directors Patcharin Hame-ung-gull and Nuntiya Intralib of Gourmet One Food Service (Thailand) Co., Ltd., importer and supplier of premium foods. The two sisters spearheaded this very unique fundraiser idea to give back to society and at the same time to showcase the quality, creativity, and distinct style of Bangkok’s foremost food & beverage professionals. Up to now, the annual Bangkok Chefs Charity has raised over Baht 130 million – all for a great cause!